• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Left arm outswing

shankares

Cricket Spectator
Hi I am left arm opening bowler and with my natural action (from over the stumps) I can swing a lot in the air into the batsman (only inswingers) however I am not able to swing or even cut the ball away from the batsman (outswingers or legcutters). I tried to come wide of the crease or seam towards the slips or with an open chest but no avail. Can someone suggest what I am doing wrong

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
The left armer in my team just bowls left arm orthodox spin at a very high pace when he wants to cut it towards slips. If you don't know how to spin the ball keep reading this coaching thread as someone would have asked about it at some stage.

And yes it helps if you can angle the seam towards slips and get it to land on the seam while spinning.

If you can learn how to swing it towards slips then please share with the forum as not many left handers can do it.