• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

hi guys, one to one tuition question,...

target4998

Cricket Spectator
Hi all, Im new here, ive attended my local village club net sessions recently, having no previous experience i was apprehensive to say the least. This was justified as i was rubbish, i didnt have a clue. Further more, i didnt receive guidance, help, or tips .... nothing. so im clueless and in the dark. Ive been some what put off buy this, and found the sessions intimidating and awkward. So ive not been for a good few weeks, how ever i do really want to play. So ive been looking for a 1 to 1 coach that can give me a few lessons, i found one in leeds..... 160 miles away. ive emailed but heard nothing back. this is proving to be an impossible task and if i do find a local coach they are only interested in kids and teens. So im running out of ideas..... wondering if anyone on here knows of a coach around Evesham area that can offer 1 to 1 to help me out. Otherwise ill be sticking to football. Hope you can help, oh.... im Kev by the way, im 27 and live near Evesham.

Cheers :)

MCC111

Cricket Spectator
Hi Kev. I was in the exact same boat as you. All I can say is it's gonna take time. When I started out I couldn't bowl and I would miss every ball with the bat - that was a couple of years ago. I'm now 28 and play cricket in Scotland. I opened the batting this weekend and came to bowl after the opening bowlers. To be honest it's easier up here because the standard is generally lower anyway so I do get a game every weekend. I think you need to find a club big enough that has a beginners team so you can find people who have a fairly similar experience and - most importantly - so you get some matches. Training in the nets is good and all, but you'll soon lose motivation if you're not getting a chance to play.

I've been tempted by one-to-one coaching but I've found everyone at my club to be very helpful and willing to give me tips. I've also found watching youtube and getting a few books for kids has helped a lot.