• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cracks on my bat !

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Also, here is what happed to my bat after knocking in :-) the stroke is awesome..but am worried...how long will it really last...
Surface cracks. No issue. Maybe a bit of an oil though, willow looks pretty dry. Then chuck on a face (extratec, whatever).

greatminds

Cricket Spectator
Cracks on the face of the bat, I can live with it, probably I can put on some face protection like extratec and carry on. the stroke on this bat is awesome..I fell in love with it. But its the edges I am worried about. it looks like its giving away. The retailer is a very nice guy, he accepted to refund or replace with a new bat without any hesitations. I'll take it back to him for replacement this week.

Marvin,
Yes, the outfield here is bad. The township or the contractors responsible to maintain the ground/park have no knowledge of Cricket. We pleed to them everytime to have the grass cut as low as possible...but we never see any improvements, but usualy during late June/July when it gets really hot and there is no rain..the outfield is a little better as the grass won't grow much. Most of the times we have go for big shots to score runs, or just stick with singles and rotate the strike...its very very rare to run 3's with a ground shot even if its a well timed shot.

But .no complains, we are gald that we are able to enjoy our passion with whatever resources we got. :)