Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cracks on my bat !

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by greatminds View Post
    Also, here is what happed to my bat after knocking in :-) the stroke is awesome..but am worried...how long will it really last...

Good pics greatminds, some flair in those shots- nice. The wicket looks ok to play on/ shame the outfield needs a trim by looks of it but can hardly expect too much I guess being a park I assume. I bet there's alot of 3's run there!

Your bat.. looks to me suspiciously like its been in heavy rain/ the face soaked/ had -much- moisture at some stage (then perhaps dried out fast and stayed too dry?) and the face has swelled a bit: the slightly raised edges to the grain where the sanding has hit most seems evidence of this. Usually it settles down though and a light sand for eg & it'll be back ok. As I said Im not an expert tho: just 30 odd yrs of farting about with crix bats/ much fussing etc. Does it need an oiling?

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Read thread title as cracks on my butt

Cricket Spectator
    Problem: "I have a sizeable crack on my butt goes from my lwr back right down to nr my ballsack Ive no idea what is is..can you help?"

summat like that?

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    I think the problem is that skin has dried up, actually not an expert but from my experience when bumskin loses its moisture before first use, it gets cracked when u start pounding it. I just bought one from MB Malik, a cheap one for few experiments and when i pounded it, some cracks appeared but then i applied Face protection tape or stroke sheet, whatever you call it. Now its fine.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    from my experience when bumskin loses its moisture before first use, it gets cracked when u start pounding it.
    for chrissakes. that made me giggle! (GOL is that?)

slowfinger is right, you're best to take back for a refund as that bat is rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Quote Originally Posted by greatminds View Post
    Also, here is what happed to my bat after knocking in :-) the stroke is awesome..but am worried...how long will it really last...
    Surface cracks. No issue. Maybe a bit of an oil though, willow looks pretty dry. Then chuck on a face (extratec, whatever).

Cricket Spectator
    Cracks on the face of the bat, I can live with it, probably I can put on some face protection like extratec and carry on. the stroke on this bat is awesome..I fell in love with it. But its the edges I am worried about. it looks like its giving away. The retailer is a very nice guy, he accepted to refund or replace with a new bat without any hesitations. I'll take it back to him for replacement this week.

Marvin,
    Yes, the outfield here is bad. The township or the contractors responsible to maintain the ground/park have no knowledge of Cricket. We pleed to them everytime to have the grass cut as low as possible...but we never see any improvements, but usualy during late June/July when it gets really hot and there is no rain..the outfield is a little better as the grass won't grow much. Most of the times we have go for big shots to score runs, or just stick with singles and rotate the strike...its very very rare to run 3's with a ground shot even if its a well timed shot.

But .no complains, we are gald that we are able to enjoy our passion with whatever resources we got.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information