• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New bat?

Jackoboi

Cricket Spectator
Hi there,
I am in the need of a new bat at the moment. I am 14 and roughly 5 foot 2 (small for my age). I am thinking of a size 6/harrow. At the moment i have a Kashmir blade edge and i have grown out of it (size 5) and also i want a better bat with a larger middle and a bat with big edges and lots of spring. I normally play on bad grass or astro wicket so want a mid to low middle. I currently have an £80 budget so looking at a grade 2/1 english willow. I am looking at
- Newberry krakatoa players/ 5 star
-boom boom signature
- Chase 175
- SS premium
-puma kinetic 4000y
- Newberry grizzly
-salix select rogue
- willo stix red boa
Can anyone help in my bat choice?
cheers
jack :)

keeper

U19 Vice-Captain
My lad's got a new Kinetic and it's a thing of beauty. Previously he had a Salix that was equally superb. But that's not to rule out the others. We tried plenty in that price range and narrowed it down to four. End of the day you need to find a good stockist and try them yourself. Feel the pick-up and weight and go for what feels right. Bounce a ball and feel the sweet spot. If in doubt do the pick up with your eyes closed. It's very individual so you definitely need to get your hands on them.

cricpk

U19 12th Man
Hi there,
I am in the need of a new bat at the moment. I am 14 and roughly 5 foot 2 (small for my age). I am thinking of a size 6/harrow. At the moment i have a Kashmir blade edge and i have grown out of it (size 5) and also i want a better bat with a larger middle and a bat with big edges and lots of spring. I normally play on bad grass or astro wicket so want a mid to low middle. I currently have an £80 budget so looking at a grade 2/1 english willow. I am looking at
-boom boom signature
- Chase 175
- SS premium
-puma kinetic 4000y
- Newberry grizzly
-salix select rogue
- willo stix red boa
cheers
You can't buy BoomBoom Signature with £80. With this amount you may only end up buying MB Malik Zulfi, CA Inzi Gold, AS Falcon or Boom Boom 2 Star Bat. I don't know much about Brtish brands becasue never dealth with them.

Jackoboi

Cricket Spectator
You can't buy BoomBoom Signature with £80. With this amount you may only end up buying MB Malik Zulfi, CA Inzi Gold, AS Falcon or Boom Boom 2 Star Bat. I don't know much about Brtish brands becasue never dealth with them.
Hi there,
i found the Boom BOmms on this site BoomBomm Cricket Bats - Cricket Direct they are slihglty over budget but not too far.
The SS premium is here: SS Premium Jnr Cricket Bat - Cricket Direct it looks quite nice but have no experience with SS what are they like? the Mrf is here CricketDirect: Tendulkar junior cricket bats from Cricket Direct - Cricket Direct Im not sure about the salix rogue, do you think it will proform like a normal salix would, it its juts so much cheaper...

slowfinger

International Debutant
Hi there,
-boom boom signature
- Chase 175
- SS premium
-puma kinetic 4000y
- Newberry grizzly
-salix select rogue
- willo stix red boa
cheers
My CA 10000 + IS A BEAST.Love it. Gm Flare 808 also such a ***y bat. Get it. Now.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Rules for buying cricket bats
1. Don't buy a bat online. You can't get any idea of the feel, pick up, weight, balance... (etc)
2. If you absolutely must (and I can't understand why) do not buy from Cricket Direct

Incidentally, rule (2) applies to all cricketing purchases if you actually want to receive the items before the end of the season. Cricket Supplies, Serious Cricket and V Sports are much better bets.

Jackoboi

Cricket Spectator
Hi there,
has anyone used a SS premium. They lookpretty good, they describe it as super grade willow, is this grade 1 or poor grade? I also have the oppertunity to get a newberry B52 bomber players pretty cheap are these good? Or the Krakatoa 5 star?
cheers