Cricket Player Manager

Thread: Urgh

Urgh

This did not just happen. I scored 99 and got out. I have failed. Bye cricket. Just joking (but did score 99)...

I started playing cricket this season and my average (battingwise) has skyrocketed. It went to 70 odd and now settles at 40 in about 9 innings. But the Problem is my bowling. I haven't bowled in a bit but I started the season at around 2/3 wickets/game. Now it is below 2. To get into county you need to consistently perform and I'm afraid I might blow it, please help?!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba
    If Shoiab starts throwing his jockstrap around, they're all going to catch something

Accidental Founder of the Fawad Alam Appreciation Society!

Slowfinger - An active member of CricketWeb for 7 years and counting!

First Class Debutant Coach_Pearson's Avatar
    Congrats on 99.

Have you asked your captain about your bowling?
    yours in cricket

Stephen Pearson

Quote Originally Posted by Coach_Pearson View Post
    Congrats on 99.

Have you asked your captain about your bowling?
    They never let me... Picked up the last wicket yesterday in two balls to win the game for us... But positive proof of batting decline... Got out for 4...

First Class Debutant Coach_Pearson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slowfinger View Post
    They never let me... Picked up the last wicket yesterday in two balls to win the game for us... But positive proof of batting decline... Got out for 4...
    Well done in winning the game, this should be good evidence that you should be bowling more.

I would also ask your captain/coach if you guys can do some centre wicket practice, and ask to bowl there.

Captains can be stubbun and not bowl people for many reasons, you just need to put your case forward, and keep pushing to bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach_Pearson View Post
    Well done in winning the game, this should be good evidence that you should be bowling more.

I would also ask your captain/coach if you guys can do some centre wicket practice, and ask to bowl there.

Captains can be stubbun and not bowl people for many reasons, you just need to put your case forward, and keep pushing to bowl.
    I bowled my 8 over spell (s) in the two t20's today... One wicket a piece at like 4 an over isn't too bad... 17 wickets in 10 games now that is I think... And more proof of batting denial... got run out last ball for 15.

Thread Information