• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Coaching/ Training tips

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Hi guys,

My apologies for being quiet long off the radar but last year I hardly played any cricket owing to a shoulder injury I got from a rugby game.

But now I'm back. :sleep:

Ok, I have the following problem and I hope some of you can help me with their wise advice.

Since last summer me and some teammates have a started a new team in our area. Our town didn't had a team as cricket isn't that big in Belgium.

We were allowed to join the league this year and now we participate in both T20 and the regular competition. ( 45 overs)

As I'm not really a good cricketer I did/ do most of the stuff behind the scenes ( such as arranging the ground, kit, sponsorship, website, lay out etc...)

The problem my team has is that they are all brilliant bowlers but we only have 5 batsmen.
1 one of them has a really good technique ( 63,68,130 runs) two of them just have power but no technique, and the other two just play lucky shots. Our captain, a good spinner always insists of batting at six but really sucks in it. Most of the time it are just singles and today when we needed to score 25 more runs to win he did it again. The fact that he misses technique did him miss lots of balls and we lost the game by 6 runs.

He made him self captain as it was his idea to start the team.

My questions now are:

How can we improve the batting of the team ( we have practice on Wednesday and in the weekend)

How can I explain that the captain should bat as last as there are players that have a better stroke?

Many thanks.

Coach_Pearson

First Class Debutant
Hi guys,

My questions now are:

How can we improve the batting of the team ( we have practice on Wednesday and in the weekend)

How can I explain that the captain should bat as last as there are players that have a better stroke?

Many thanks.
Hi Amobokobokoboko,

Improving team batting is certainly a challenge that most clubs face. My suggestions would be:-

1. Centre Wicket Practice, forgo the nets and get yourself out in the middle of the ground as much as possible. This way you can work on hitting gaps, running between wickets, and many other elements of the game.

2. Having 5 good bats and 6 hopeless ones' does not help anyone except those 5 good bats. It needs to become a priority at the club that they other 6 guys get most of the time at training to improve the batting.

Now as for your skipper batting at 6, it can be hard to attack a club founder. Can I suggest you ask him to mix the order around a bit, and give more people a go. Once he sees that other people can bat he should start sliding down the order.

Pinch Hitters are used in Limited overs cricket all the time, and maybe it's worth suggesting to him that promoting a guy to have a slog early in the innings can remove the need to have to score quick runs later in the innings.

Most importantly, you need to make sure that all 11 guys are getting a go.

Good luck!

shomailarquam

Cricket Spectator
My run up..

Sir,
I have problem of my run up. My elder Cricketers told me that my run up is not well. They told me to run on the toe to bowl,i am pace bowler playinjg U-16 cricket. but i am not comfortable to make runup on toe. please advice me on this,m little fatty on stomach area,my please tell me what should i do to get fit and my run up get standard