• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fast bowling release.

timben83

Cricket Spectator
Hi All,

Just getting back into cricket and having huge issues with my bowling. When I get it right it's great and reasonably fast. When it's not it goes for six straight out of my hand. The issue seems to be my body being at a 45 degree angle at release.

Anybody got any drills to get my hips to drive into my action while i drag my right foot through. chest drive seems to be fine when I get my hips through.

All help is greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thanks.

timben83

Cricket Spectator
It hit the bar in the mobile net on our small 2nd pitch. Still going up at pace behind the batsmen. Everybody seemed sure enough that it would have made it. (Half a football ground it's not that far)

Sent midstump flying next ball...

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No advice there I'm sorry. I need some help with my bowling action too. I tend to fall away in my delivery stride and when I land my left leg is not straight at times.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Try pulling your non bowling arm down as hard as you can. Also, make sure your arm is straight when you pull it down because you don't want to pull your arm down towards the offside because then you will find yourself bowling on the offside way too much.

Coach_Pearson

First Class Debutant
Hi Timben,

I would suggest video taping your action and noticing the difference between "good" balls and "slower" balls.

Pace usually comes from getting your action correct, and when things go wrong, that's when anything can happen.

Practice is also the key, try to get an action you are comfortable with, and keep repeating it.

Hi All,

Just getting back into cricket and having huge issues with my bowling. When I get it right it's great and reasonably fast. When it's not it goes for six straight out of my hand. The issue seems to be my body being at a 45 degree angle at release.

Anybody got any drills to get my hips to drive into my action while i drag my right foot through. chest drive seems to be fine when I get my hips through.

All help is greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thanks.

timben83

Cricket Spectator
Thanks for the replies guys! Had a net last night which was pretty fruitful. seem to be pulling my non bowling arm away which is causing me to send it left and didn't get me in a position to release.

Still not quite getting my follow through to work.