• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Surface cracks/damage in bat - repair advice needed

elsmallo

Cricket Spectator
Just discovered the perfect bat - an old SH boundary of my brother's languishing in the garden shed. Traditional profile, plays like a dream, was batting sublimely with it yesterday in a game 4's all over the place before I idiotically ran myself out.

Anyway, point being it has some nasty looking surface cracks running horizontal across the blade up to the 3/4 mark. There is also a small hole about 0.5cm across halfway up where a bit of wood has been lost at some point. Put again, it plays marvelously but I'm worried in time these cracks might get worse and necessitate abandoning, which would be a shame.

So, if anyone has any suggestions they'd be much appreciated. Is there any point repairing and if so how? Many thanks.

elsmallo

Cricket Spectator
*bump*

Well, I scored 61 with bat yesterday and it's still playing well, but bits are falling off the face cracks and it isn't getting any prettier. So any advice is still welcome.

Thanks,