• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Need Help With Off Spin.

AmaZe

Cricket Spectator
Hi My Name is Bilal Im 14 and i need help with offspin
I Like cricket and i started playing 1-2 Years ago
my problems with offspin is i can spin and give rev's to the ball when im sitting down but when i try putting the run and arm action in it goes bent and has no spin on it.

I Need advice on where to realese the ball in the air and some general spinning tips EG,how to run up, how to release it.

I've tried everywhere,youtube,spin tips the list go on! :wacko:

Your help will be much appreaciated,
AmaZe

Last edited:

slowfinger

International Debutant
Hi, welcome to CricketWeb

I am an offspinner too, what you want is the ball pitching outside off with classical and convention spin coming inside... Go to the nets and practise ... The best thing to do is this and keep pitching it in that same region... Scientifically it takes 10000 hours to perfect something so keep on bowling, keep on bowling and it will come. Lefties are a breeze btw :P

slowfinger

International Debutant
Hi My Name is Bilal Im 14 and i need help with offspin
I Like cricket and i started playing 1-2 Years ago
my problems with offspin is i can spin and give rev's to the ball when im sitting down but when i try putting the run and arm action in it goes bent and has no spin on it.

I Need advice on where to realese the ball in the air and some general spinning tips EG,how to run up, how to release it.

I've tried everywhere,youtube,spin tips the list go on! :wacko:

Your help will be much appreaciated,
AmaZe
Concerning your action...

Just go conventional... Works with me when ever I keep throwing down the leg side ( my action is ajmal-like), I just straighten it , simplify it and focus on where to land it. You want to be beating the batsman so keep bowling in that 6-inches otside off-stump region. you wont be disappointed.

AmaZe

Cricket Spectator
Thanks slowfinger and have you got any videos that give tips.?
And what is the best way to hold the ball?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Spread your index finger and second finger apart - your stock delivery should have the ball land on the seam. So you should grip the ball across the seam.

Just try to bowl first without chucking the ball - and don't worry about spin. When you have mastered that then try to impart spin on the ball using your fingers only - not your elbow.

jazman84

Cricket Spectator
I point the seam at about leg slip for me stock offie. And I arc my arm from the right side of my body to my left hip during my delivery. I release it at the peak. His gets the ball to drift away and dip late, the ball will only spin a little unless there is some rought there but I don't get concerned if the ball isn't spinning. As an offie. beating a batsman in the air is better than beating them off the pitch IMO. Beat them in the aior and the ball doen't need to spin at all. Have a practice at slowing the delivery down a bit and trowing it up a bit to get movement in the air. Try not to rip it to hard sideways, but rather slightly over the ball like a top spinner. If you rip it too far sideways sometimes you beat them in the air and the ball may spin past the stumps which is very frustrating.