• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Am I throwing?

marshy1983

Cricket Spectator
Hi guys,

I am new on here and also cricket, watched it for years, love sitting in the eric hollies at edgebaston and having a sing song!! But the football team I play for have started a small cricket team which I am well up for. Batting seems good as I have a natural eye for the ball but I want to make sure my attempts at bowling are not no balls as it is only 15 8 ball overs, giving away runs is a big no no and there is a risk an umpire wouldn't let me bowl. I attach a link to youtube of me attempting to bowl, please feel free to take a peak, any constructive critisism is really appreciated. The reason this was brought up was that one of my mates who already plays Sundays said when I try to bowl too fast its looking a bit like a throw.

Thanks in advance.

YouTube - Legal Bowling Action?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Hmm. It looked fine on the first run through, and I have a track record for calling out chuckers when nobody else has said anything. I slowed it down afterwards and tried to look through frame-by-fram and (i) it looks more like involuntary hyperextension/adduction than a throw and (ii) it's certainly within 15 degrees regardless.

Basically, if Saeed Ajmal's allowed to bowl in Test cricket, you'll be allowed to bowl in midweek cricket.

marshy1983

Cricket Spectator
thank god, i'm relieved after the comments guys, thanks a lot for responding and taking a peak. Just got to work on line, length, variation, consistency and all the other good stuff now!! Enjoying the new challenge though.

Cheers

cricpk

U19 12th Man
Hmm. It looked fine on the first run through, and I have a track record for calling out chuckers when nobody else has said anything. I slowed it down afterwards and tried to look through frame-by-fram and (i) it looks more like involuntary hyperextension/adduction than a throw and (ii) it's certainly within 15 degrees regardless.

Basically, if Saeed Ajmal's allowed to bowl in Test cricket, you'll be allowed to bowl in midweek cricket.
You are jealous