• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What line to bowl to an attacking right handed batsman

cricketersUNitE

Cricket Spectator
Hey guys,
Just wondering what tips you could give me on where to bowl to an attacking right handed batsman who has the upper hand on the opposition.
Thanks for your help
:)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Uhh you need to provide slightly more information than that.. where is he striking the ball, what kind of shots hes playing, his footwork, etc etc.

Tend to find if you slow down the game when you're getting dominated, wickets do fall. Opposite when you're doing well, get through your overs quickly.

cricketdrills

Cricket Spectator
Ok a bit more info would be great.

Depends where you are in the game.

Being a pace bowler, aim for maidens.
Bowling full will give you a bigger chance of getting him out because the wickets are in play.

just dont bowl half voleys or short. they will spank you if you do.

Vary the pace aswell.
have atleast 2 slowerballs and cutters up your sleave.

Spinners,
float it up there, draw him in for the big hit that goes straight in the air or stumping.

Spinners really have to rely on good areas and the amount of turn they get to stop runs and take wickets.

I hope this helps :)

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
IF he is just smacking you everywhere - just bowl back of a length outside off stump and set an off side field.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
On many occasions, it is about the length moreso than the line. Dont make it easy for him. Batting depends on getting forward or back. Hit that legth where they cannot easily and confidently move early then that is half the battle.

People love putting the front foot down the track and hitting through the line. In those situations I am not going to allow it.

When someone is going after me then I am looking at around 6 inches outside and above off stump. You can still go for runs but it increases the difficulty. Than mix up the pace occasionally with the occasional yorker.