• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How fast do i bowl?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Im confused as im a 14 year old bowler ive always been exceptionally quick but at a radar gun speed competiition i was clocking 72 mph on average :/ whereas 16 year olds on here are having trouble with that im 5ft 10" and ive always been feared by ppl in my club do you think its true
Are you related to Atul Sharma?

karan62

Cricket Spectator
No :') but I do have several family members who have in the past surpassed the 90 mph barrier so :) another observation the technique with the stopwatch and deviding by 40 gives you a higher speed by about 5 mph because at this competition a friend used the stopwatch technique and the radar gun registered 74 but the stopwatch technique showed 79 :/ and this happened consistently so take 5 mph of whatever you get with the stopwatch technique a number of people did it and always ended up with a speed 5 mph higher than the radar gun

karan62

Cricket Spectator
I think it's incredibly rare to get someone in their teens bowling exceptionally quick for their age. You generally have to be built a bit like an adult (i.e taller than average and stockier as well). .
And yes about my build I am quite heavy but not ridiculously strong I come in at. 65 kg or just under. 11 stone suprisingly I'm Indian ;D

Last edited:

Gidsp

Cricket Spectator
hi,
im 13 and a pace bowler and i was wondering what is the average speed of a pace bowler aged 13????
and does anyone have any suggestions for a speed recorder?
my friend is 12 and he thinks he bowls around 100km and hes faster than me so i think i bowl around the 85 mark...

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think Mitchell Johnson was up around the 140kph mark at 17...so that should give you a benchmark if your goal is to be rapid. He may have been more physically developed than other blokes his age too. You generally gain a lot more pace between 18+22/23.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
in the teens pace tends to be a matter of who hits puberty first. Focus on developing solid action mechanics and the speed will follow as your body develops.