• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mako cricket balls?

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Yeah, so I'm sick of bowling with my prehistoric fourpiece, want to go back to the good ol' days of seeing batsmen with brown stains while I run in (I'm 6 foot 3ish, bounce and jag newer balls pretty impressively.) :cool:

So, I look up Trademe for cricket balls, and there's a bloke selling 156g 2pc red leather balls at four for $32. Sorely tempted, but just want to know if anyone's had any experience with this brand (Mako cricket)? Any horror stories?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
If they're anything like the beer, they'll be sub-standard, lacking in strength and weight, and hardly likely to help you pick up (girls/wickets).

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
If they're anything like the beer, they'll be sub-standard, lacking in strength and weight, and hardly likely to help you pick up (girls/wickets).

:laugh:

Strangely enough, their logo is a shark too. Possible affiliation between the two companies methinks.

EDIT: 2.5%??? That's crazy weak.

Last edited: