• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Am I too old to play Kallisball?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Am I too old to play the Kallisball? I played as a child, but as an older man (mid-30s) I am wondering whether it is still possible? I am a middle order bat and spin bowler. I am being very attacking, and wonder whether Afridi/Afridi would be more suitable to my game style than Kallisball or Limited Overs Bevan.

Please respond, or I will post pics of my stomach.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
No you can never be too old to play. A couple of years ago I played a game of kallisball against an 80 year old who sachined without gloves and steyned second change. He was a walking wicket and a chucker who got carted but he loved every second of it.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No you can never be too old to play. A couple of years ago I played a game of kallisball against an 80 year old who sachined without gloves and steyned second change. He was a walking Martin and a Birdy who got carted but he loved every second of it.
get it right ffs.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes well I think the wounds are still fresh...personally I think Col Egar was right to no-ball Meckiff though

cricket100%

Cricket Spectator
Come on guys. Stay on the topic. To answer your question. My dad is nearly 50 and he still plays cricket with us. And not just the usual mug around in the backyard!! He can bowl some decent off-spinners and can frustrate you with the bat. Anyway to get back to the topic, if my dad could do it you could do it.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Come on guys. Stay on the topic. To answer your question. My dad is nearly 50 and he still plays cricket with us. And not just the usual mug around in the backyard!! He can bowl some decent off-spinners and can frustrate you with the bat. Anyway to get back to the topic, if my dad could do it you could do it.
Fighting a losing battle there.

Fwiw I retired from all forms of cricket at the age of 16. I just couldn't keep kidding myself any longer, the body just didn't hold up like it used to.