Thread: Bat Help Needed

Cricket Spectator

Bat Help Needed

Hi guys,

I'm in the process of getting a new bat and I've pretty much hit the wall. I start liking a bat then I pick up something else and suddenly I'm on to that one. At the moment I'm between the GN EVO 1000 L.E or the GM Icon Original L.E. Any Suggestions would be extremely appreciated.

What I'm mainly looking for is something with a good pick up that is light, so in other words just not a toe heavy bat. This bat also has to last me well and I'm not too concerned about the price because of how long I'm expecting to use it.

Thanks to anyone who posts

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrelGodley View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm in the process of getting a new bat and I've pretty much hit the wall. I start liking a bat then I pick up something else and suddenly I'm on to that one. At the moment I'm between the GN EVO 1000 L.E or the GM Icon Original L.E. Any Suggestions would be extremely appreciated.

What I'm mainly looking for is something with a good pick up that is light, so in other words just not a toe heavy bat. This bat also has to last me well and I'm not too concerned about the price because of how long I'm expecting to use it.

Thanks to anyone who posts
    I'm a tad biased as I've been using it for a while now but the Icon is an outstanding bat. Picks up better than any bat I've ever owned. I know GM don't weigh their bats because of the pickup - I would guess mine would be 2.11 but picks up so much easier. Total confidence with cross-batted strokes and also having enough weight behind the ball to drive successfully as well. Obviously being an LE as well, you've got the best quality of wood.

One thing I would say, GM have their ready to go technology..I'd still have 2hrs or so of throwdowns before you use it in a game.

Go well!

Thread Information