• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is it too late to start again.

boyishefast

Cricket Spectator
Hello all i just joined this amazing forum and i have a question.

my particulars
age 25 yr 4 mnths
height 5'11
weight 71 kg(i am 70kg since 17)
People used to tell me that i bowl at exceptional pace when i was like 17.

Stopped playing at 19, ie in 2003, however used to bowl at home a lot(got a kinda big home to sustain my bowling fitness and pace)

I continously played cricket till 2006 with 3 to four months brakes.

However in 2006 i left and again i started some days ago say start of december 2010

Now my question is that i found is that it looked that i was not even half fast as i was before like about 4 and half years ago. I felt so weak in my legs and shoulders and wrists. I couldnt jump well like i used to. I was kinda dissapointed with myself. I found myself heavy although i havent lost weight and i can always run 5 to 6 miles in any season within at about 5km/hr.

Now what i want to know is that whether all this is normal and with the passage of time and working out i will get my pace back??? coze i dont have any injuries!!

I mean imran khan become a fast bowler in his late 20s so can i??? am i right

And any suggestion for exercises

Now

Last edited:

stumpski

International Captain
Probably not too late, but you need to be able to do more than just bowl fast. What's your batting like? Where do you like to field?

Your pace (if you still have it) will start to go soon whatever you do.

boyishefast

Cricket Spectator
my batting

i bat really good when there is no pressure thats how my batting is
I know that a fast bowler is on a decline after 29-30.

However you said that i have to do more than bowl fast. so whatelse should i do to regain me pace??

Regards

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
You are not close to being heavy so no reason why you can't get your jump and pace back..its only about net practice and bowling as many overs as possible.

I always agreed with Waqar, who said a bowlers best work out is bowling itself...going to gym or stiffing out your muscels doesn't mean you will bowl fast or accurately.

I would say bowl as much as possible in the nets...at least 10-12 overs a day...you will have your pace and fitness back in no time....