Cricket Player Manager

Thread: SS Viru 309 or AS G200?

Cricket Spectator

Icon5 SS Viru 309 or AS G200?

Hi,

I am currently contemplating the purchase of a new bat. For the last year, I've been using a SS Premium Ton weighing 2lb 9oz identical to this:

SS SUNRIDGES CRICKET BATS.

Despite its low price tag and seemingly low grade of willow, I have been really impressed with it. The pick up is excellent, it has a sweet middle and the handle's shock absorbing properties are fantastic. I must say that it's been a far better tool that some of the bats I've owned from more well known manufacturers costing twice as much or more.

With this in mind, I would not hesitate to buy SS again. Of the seemingly endless models in the range, the Viru 309 appears to be the most similar in terms of edges, bow and sweet-spot. Is this fair comment? I'm looking to spend about 100 so this (or possibly a Ton Professional?) can certainly make the shortlist.

However, I have been perusing the net and have found the AS G200 for a similar (or even lower) price and have heard nothing but good things about these bats.

What would you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance.

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    SS anytime.

I have SS Limited Edition and its just awesome!
    CricZo XI - 3 Draft Winner

Scorecard Draft (2010) V Sehwag, D Amiss, D Bradman (c), C Cowdrey, P Umrigar, A Faulkner, R Marsh +, M Marshall, W Hall, M Hughes, B O'Reilly
    Alphabetical Draft (2011) S Watson, G Kirsten, D Bradman (c), K Sangakkara +, C Cowdrey, K Pietersen, A Flintoff, M Marshall, B O'Reilly, F Trueman, T Alderman
    The Eras Draft (2014) V Trumper, A Morris, N Harvey, J Kallis, S McCabe, F Woolley, Imran Khan (c), J Dujon +, J Briggs, D Steyn, J Snow

Thread Information