• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SS Viru 309 or AS G200?

Billy_Boy

Cricket Spectator
Hi,

I am currently contemplating the purchase of a new bat. For the last year, I've been using a SS Premium Ton weighing 2lb 9oz identical to this:

SS SUNRIDGES CRICKET BATS.

Despite its low price tag and seemingly low grade of willow, I have been really impressed with it. The pick up is excellent, it has a sweet middle and the handle's shock absorbing properties are fantastic. I must say that it's been a far better tool that some of the bats I've owned from more well known manufacturers costing twice as much or more.

With this in mind, I would not hesitate to buy SS again. Of the seemingly endless models in the range, the Viru 309 appears to be the most similar in terms of edges, bow and sweet-spot. Is this fair comment? I'm looking to spend about £100 so this (or possibly a Ton Professional?) can certainly make the shortlist.

However, I have been perusing the net and have found the AS G200 for a similar (or even lower) price and have heard nothing but good things about these bats.

What would you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance.