• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pictures of MY bats

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nice silentstriker pads, man.

BTW, I've got almost exactly the same tiles on the wall as you :-O

Re: why the subject of the picture, don't ask tbh. Pictures of my after shaves was never going to be a good idea for a thread :ph34r:
Haha, I think I'm the one who suggested Cool Wave to you in your shaving thread on CricSim.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Thats what I thought at first too. But since he says he used them for a couple of weeks only..

Anyways, unless I'm wrong, English willow bats tend to get better the older they are (up to a certain point of course) when the grains split. So why would you change bats so often?
Can't be too concerned given that GM is a 606, which is a mid-range quality of willow.

Majid_V10

Cricket Spectator
Hey, i was just wondering if that GM Flare is any good as im considering getting it. Cheers
Very sorry for my late reply.. GM flare bat is very good and it was originally a GM+ Icon 808 bigger bat. The weight of this bat is 2.12/13 but picks up like a 2.9, it only has 5 grains but plays like a bat with 15 grains ping is super good and it was fully knocked in.
When i got the bat restickered by GM they restickered it wrong as GM flare 606. I had asked them to sticker it as GM+ flare 808 but they put wrong grade sticker on it.
Below is the picture when it was bought 1 yr ago and review I did on another forum.

GM+ Icon 2.12lb bigger edge bat bought from a local shop today(04/01/2010) and its a very big monster shape. The pick up is light and it feels like 2.9lb bat. I was lucky to get the same bat I was eyeing up 2 weeks ago. To be honest grains arent that good but ping is excellent, I tested the bat today and it goes like a gun. It only has 5/6 grains but willow quality still look really luush. I really liked the feel and pickup of the bat thats why I bought it and I'm not really bothered abt the grains on this coz it stills very well and it seems like its going to be an excellent bat for the coming season.