• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which CJI Bat Help??

andyduckworth

Cricket Spectator
Hi guys

i'm currently in the market for a new bat.

I currently use a Kookaburra Blade an I am looking to get a new bat as the 'Blade' is like hitting a brick with a shoebox. Its pants. Even with a full swing you barely get a boundary from it.

I have trawled through every bat maker imaginable and have decided on CJI, as they are an english firm and seem to offer excellent value for money ans quality. I've become stuck now though as I dont know whether to get a "Fatso" or an "Ultimate 1000" as my budget will extend to both.

Any advice or opinions would be very helpul.

Thanks

Last edited:

slowfinger

International Debutant
Hi guys

i'm currently in the market for a new bat.

I currently use a Kookaburra Blade an I am looking to get a new bat as the 'Blade' is like hitting a brick with a shoebox. Its pants. Even with a full swing you barely get a boundary from it.

I have trawled through every bat maker imaginable and have decided on CJI, as they are an english firm and seem to offer excellent value for money ans quality. I've become stuck now though as I dont know whether to get a "Fatso" or an "Ultimate 1000" as my budget will extend to both.

Any advice or opinions would be very helpul.

Thanks
Mate get the fatso, quite light great price grade 1 english willow and it has a huge middle and edge!

andyduckworth

Cricket Spectator
Yeah I was leaning towards the fatso, its just for an extra tenner you can get the ultimate 1000 which is also grade 1 and seems to be a bit more of an all rounder?

slowfinger

International Debutant
Yeah I was leaning towards the fatso, its just for an extra tenner you can get the ultimate 1000 which is also grade 1 and seems to be a bit more of an all rounder?
Yeah I guess so but depends isn't it... The 1000 might be a bit lighter so I guess a tenner for a better quality isn't bad is it :)