• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Looking for advice on my bowling action

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Well, it goes without saying that i have put up some pounds since my early days of cricket. I play club cricket and primarily i am a right arm fast bowler...now here is the problem i noticed ...

I have around 20-25 steps of run up depending on my rhythm and how fast i want to bowl sometimes i go down to 15 steps as well.......however, yesterday i played 2 back to back T20s in a day night league and later was viewing the video of my bowling action and i was stunned from watching my left leg bending way too much when delivering the ball....my run up was fine, the release was fine my shoulder/neck position was fine...but my left leg during delivery stride was bent you can say around 50-60 degrees....(considering my leg below the knee to be straightish or slightly forward and then above the knee till the hip bone to be around 50-60 degrees bent). something like this ">" .....moreover, i have also started to feel a lot of pain at times in my left knee after i am down bowling a 5-10 over spell in practice and stuff....

Questions that i want to ask are....is it ideal to lock your left leg straight when delivering the ball? and should i adjust my running and pace to accommodate that?

How much bending of the left leg is not dangerous? (Because i think my leg is bending way too much...)

What kind of gym exercise should i do to strengthen my knees/legs and how can i stretch for the knees before the game other then the regular jog...

My specs: 6 2', Weight is 90kg. (i know that needs to go down.. lol)

Thanks,

Last edited:

slowfinger

International Debutant
Hiya. I think that you are putting all the pressure from your run up right onto your left leg, which maybve a bit too much...

Try to maybe have a longer jump and a smoother delivery stride... So you are not putting all the momentum off your delivery... It might be a bit slower to start with but I think it may work :)