• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sticky cricket bat!

Wrong-un

Cricket Spectator
I fitted a protective facing sheet to my new bat at the start of the season. When I applied it I found the adhesive to be quite sticky (as adhesive should be) and messy but, when I lifted the sheet off the bat to reposition it, most of the glue stayed on the bat. I'm guessing that this is going be a nightmare at the end of the season when I come to clean it up and prepare it for next season. How do I get this nasty stick glue off the face of my bat, without causing any damage to the willow?

Shri

Mr. Glass
Clean it with some cotton and kerosene. Worked for me. But then, I didn't care if something happened to my cricket bat.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, you shouldn't take the sheets off without warming up the glue. You probably won't be able to get it off without lifting the willow now.

Wrong-un

Cricket Spectator
Thanks Shri but, tbh I'm not too keen on the idea of using kerosene on a £200 bat.
Good idea Marcuss that will certainly help but, I'm fairly certain there will still be some glue left on the blade that will need to be removed.