• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New bat

i slogged u

Cricket Spectator
Hi everyone
I'm thinking of getting a new bat ones u have seen are the
1) The hell 4 leather 666 monster
2) Newbery b52
I was also thinking of getting a smaller bat to slog with
CJI fatso ( size 5 or 6)
keep in mind I'm 13 and want something to last

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you're 13 I wouldn't be looking at such big bats, I'd expect something like the Newbery B52 to be a little too heavy for you at such an age and a heavy bat will just ruin your technique.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A more traditional Newbery perhaps. They're lovely bats.
I'm not too sure what this year's GM range is like but my first bat was a GM Catalyst and it was pretty nice.
GN Powerbow's are usually quite highly recommended.
I'd just suggest that if there's a local cricket shop near you to take a trip in and just a pick a couple up.

It's hard to really recommend a bat without knowing how you play. So it's just what you feel comfortable with.

slowfinger

International Debutant
If you are looking for a good bat, £200 is a lot to be allowed to spend, so you are spoilt for
choice:

May I recomend looking at GM, Newbury or Kookabura, because you want good quality, light bat, if you have £200 odd, you won't need that much, look on some websites, go to some shops and keep looking and eventually one will just hit you in the face, then that is the one for you.

i slogged u

Cricket Spectator
Went on the warsop website would probs get the platnum but there was no side view. Do you know if it's very meaty?

i slogged u

Cricket Spectator
I am now thinking about a woodworm ibat flame pro and returning a load of old bats for £50 each and buying new equip with that

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
You really do not need to be looking for heavy/thick/meaty bats at that age as they will not aid your development as a player. Oxfordshire as a County and the districts below are crying out for technically sound batsmen who can play straight, and the best way to ruin your batting technique is to play with a bat that is too heavy for you.

Go to Elmer Cotton just off Broad Street and find a bat that feels right, and that you can play proper shots through mid off and cover with.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
As far as I can remember, I'm not anyone's father.

Definitely too young to have fathered a 13-year-old, anyway.

What level do you play at? Club, School, District?

Last edited:

Seanyjb10

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
If you want 2 slog u cud always go for a mongoose. ( the big version) that sells at 149 quid and is meaty like u want.