• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Help With Bowling Action

Ali_Raja

Cricket Spectator
Hello fellow cricketers I am a right-arm medium-fast bowler. I don't bowl very fast, but rely more on line-and-length and bounce. I've been bowling for as long as I can remember, I love bowling.

But since last year I have experienced a sharp pain in my lower-back, on the left side. It makes bowling almost impossible. I'm not an expert on biomechanics in cricket, but I think it is because I have a mixed-action. My back leg lands side-on, while my upper body seems to be pointing front-on.

YouTube - 23042010036.mp4

YouTube - 23042010037.mp4

YouTube - 23042010038.mp4

YouTube - LGVR0001.avi

YouTube - LGVR0002.3gp

Any help will be appreciated, thanks

micoach

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
On an initial look it does seem like your shoulders are out of line with your hips.

It can take a while to correct that, but the key is to start without the ball, stand in a proper side on position (shoulders all the way round, look over your shoulder, tuck the ball in the middle of your chest), and bowl without a ball.

Get the feel for it from a standing position first then walk through, jog through and finally run through.

Next bring back the ball, then the pitch, then a batsman.