• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New GM

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Hi guys,

I'm happy to announce that I got my hands on a lovely GM original LE. It looks sharp and I'm so thrilled to play with it.
A friend of mine who's sponsored by GM advised me to first use the bat in the nets before actual using it on the field.
As I'm not able to attempt practice owing to a heavy workload I was wondering how I could prepare the bat. The sticker on the bats says it's ready to play ( pre -oiled and knocked in). What would you suggest. Knock it in to be sure or just give it a go.

Cheers

King Pietersen

International Captain
I'd definitely advise knocking it in for another hour and a half. Then playing it in against old balls/bowling machine in the nets before using it in a match.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Does it have a toe guard? If not, buy one online and put it on yourself. They're pretty cheap to buy (try CricketSupplies) and they'll protect the toe from getting damp or cracking. If it's already got one, it should be fine.