• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

confidence

Abster

Cricket Spectator
hey cricfolks, i am a pace bowler at medium and i am trying to improve my pace and accuracy but sometimes it does not go right because of my lack of confidece. when approaching in i think im too close no-ball could happen so i slow down otherwise i am too far i speed up and rest doesnt go right. any advice or help will be appreciated thanks.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Hey, welcome to CW forums, yes I was in the nets today and he had the same problem, I would just ask a coach for help or tweek with what you are doing, focus and concentrate, keep your eye on where you want the ball to go, y'know, go back to basics and work from there when you get that confidence back.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, just focus on a place on the pitch you want to hit and forget about the popping crease. If it's your run up that is the problem try marking a spot on the ground and running from there, delivering the ball when it feels comfortable. Do this a few times and then pace out (or measure) the distance from starting mark to delivery. This is your run up.

You can then forget about worrying about the popping crease and concentrate on where you are going to land the ball.

Abster

Cricket Spectator
I am also a bit fat, almost overweight to be honest, 16 year old and 69kg. But i am exercising and have lost some weight. Does my body weight make my bowling harder. Also how much would you recommend how long to exercise each day.

Seanyjb10

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Depends on what you mean m8 as in gym workout or running or just at home doin press ups

I wouldn't think your're weight affects it drastically, I mean look at kallis and Flintoff they're of a bigger build but their bowling at 90!!

"Aim low to avoid disappointment" P.R. Hawkes

Abster

Cricket Spectator
Thanks sean, you did make me feel better. By the way i do a treadmill for 30mins it is hard moderate workout and i do sweat.