• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wicket keeping Gloves

stuartcricket1

Cricket Spectator
Hi all I was wondering if anyone can tell me which are the best wicket keeping gloves I should buy as my club have made me the wicket keeper for this coming season and I really want to get any help from the gloves as much I can, also should I go for small men’s size gloves instead of the normal men’s size which I found the ball has more chance of bouncing out off!

any help? Plz :)

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Our wicket keeper has been using Puma gloves for quite a while now and is really positive about them. I don't know the specifications but maybe you can have a look at Puma. He told me they have a very long live span.

Good luck anyway.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Our wicket keeper has been using Puma gloves for quite a while now and is really positive about them. I don't know the specifications but maybe you can have a look at Puma. He told me they have a very long live span.

Good luck anyway.
Yeah same with our wicky

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Get the size that fits you properly, preferably with finger protection.

Get the best inners you can.

Brand of gloves really doesn't matter much to me: I personally like Gray-Nicolls but you have to be comfortable with them and, as with most things, the more you spend, the better the gloves will be in terms of padding (etc).

Dydl

International Debutant
Yeah, don't think the brand really matters all that much; everyone has a different preference, it's just whatever feels best.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Technically I think I'm still registered at Bicester & North Oxford, but I'm not at all sure where I'll be playing next year. I don't have enough free Saturdays & Sundays with school and county (I manage the U10s) fixtures so I am looking for somewhere close and chilled out that has a good programme of friendly games! Might even end up in the OCA...

Dano.85

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Fist of all hi to everyone, i am a newbie. I have been a wicket keepers since school (about 11 years) and the best advice on gloves i can give is price will not garentee a good glove. I used slazenger gloves 2 seasons ago that cost 45 quid, they only lasted a season, i then got some readers katana gloves for 15 quid and they have lasted 2 season before needing to be replaced. As for feel of glove just get to a cricket shop and try them all on, and most of all make sure you get some good inners. I hope this helps a little and good luck this season.

stuartcricket1

Cricket Spectator
What Inners would you say i should go for? cotton? also does having thick padded inners make any difference to taking clean catches?

Dano.85

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
What Inners would you say i should go for? cotton? also does having thick padded inners make any difference to taking clean catches?
I use half chamois inners you can get full chamois or cotton, i use readers they have a good level of padding are very well made and a good price. I wouldnt say thick padding helps take clean catchs but it wont sting as much when you dont take the ball clean.

Last edited:

hnoor0077

Cricket Spectator
I really want to get any help from the gloves as much I can, also should I go for small men’s size gloves instead of the normal men’s size which I found the ball has more chance of bouncing out off!
any help??????