• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket shoes

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Hi,

This may seem as an odd question but can you remove the spikes of cricket shoes to play indoor?

Last season I played on my running and basketball shoes as cricket shoes aren't found in Belgium and both shoes provided plenty of grip and gave sufficient support to my ankles.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Hi,

This may seem as an odd question but can you remove the spikes of cricket shoes to play indoor?

Last season I played on my running and basketball shoes as cricket shoes aren't found in Belgium and both shoes provided plenty of grip and gave sufficient support to my ankles.
Yes you can, these are things called 'spike keys' or something that lets you remove the spikes which really helps you alot and saves you buying new shoes just for indoor, recomend it and whats more, you can nornally get it at any cricket shop. Hope it helped :)

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
thanks mate, I just asked as most of my team mates have rubber spikes and they told me they can't be removed. That's why they ware other shoes inside.

Another mysterie solved. :-)

Seanyjb10

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
yh I mean I do it all the time for indoor nets

Slowfinger is right you can't get rubber spikes off they're just stuck there

"Aim low to avoid disappointment" P.R Hawkes

Solid advice there

Arora

Cricket Spectator
Choose the right shoes which is perfect and comfortable before you start playing.. I bought nice pair of cricket shoes from PlayGroundOnline
you can check it once...

Last edited: