• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fitness program

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Hi guys,

I got my hands on a superb fitness deal so a cheap fitness card.
Could anybody recommend me a decent work out program.

I will ask my coach as well this weekend but as I'm spending lots of time on my desk I could use the exercise.

thnx

iamdavid

International Debutant
Workout A
Bench Press
Squats
Shoulder Press
Dips
Some light calf work

Workout B
Pullups
Stiff Legged Deadlifts
Rows (using either a Dumbell or barbell)
Barbell Bicep Curls
Some ab work

Mon: A
Wed: B
Fri: A

Mon: B
Tue: A
Wed: B

etc etc

Do 3 sets of 6 repetitions for each exercise, start off with a light weight that allows you to perform the movement with perfect technique. Once you are able to complete the 3 sets of 6 reps in good form with a given weight, then increase the weight by the smallest increment your gym allows (usually like 2.5kg)..

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Thanks guys,

I had a chat with my coach yesterday. the coming weeks we are going to work on drills and after deciding on what I need more practice he will give me some advice for a work out.
Techniques first

micoach

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Thanks guys,

I had a chat with my coach yesterday. the coming weeks we are going to work on drills and after deciding on what I need more practice he will give me some advice for a work out.
Techniques first
It's not an either/or. You can do both.

There are a lot of variables as to how this can work but the best thing is to just start. No point in having a perfect technique if you can't hit it off the square and are gassed after 5 overs.

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
I know, thats why on Wednesday I will start with a program posted earlier in this thread.
But the coach is rather picky in what to do first and luckily my condition isn't that bad.

cheers mate.

slowfinger

International Debutant
You know, you don't have to go to a gym if you can't make one every day. Simple exercises like push-ups, Running and etc can also help:)

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
I know, but I bought a card at the university gym and there are tons of good looking girls, to ease the pain. As well the track and surrounding forrest where covered in ice/snow the last couple of weeks which made them quite dangerous as you didn't see where you ran.

Anyway, going for a nice swim after a work out is a perfect ending of the day.

janicejryan

Cricket Spectator
1. Squats - develops strength, speed and balance

2. Press Ups - builds chest, arm and trunk stability

3. Bent Over Rows - works your back and develops your hip and shoulder muscles

4. Chin Ups - tones upper body muscles

Good luck mate!