• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which GM bat

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
HI guys,

My new bat will be a GM. As I'm searching for a light bat a friend of mine recommended the Catalyst or the Purist 2. Unfortunately I will only be able to go to the UK around April so the Catalyst and Purist may by than be replaced by the FLare and Apex DMX ( who look so cool) So which bat would you recommend?

Hero, Icon, Flare, Apex? I will try them all off course but it's good to have an idea.

Thanks

King Pietersen

International Captain
I've got an Icon 909 and love it. Had it for most of last season, and it really is a beauty of a bat. Thick edges, great middle, awesome pick-up, just a great all-round bat.

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Thanks guys, it's just that a mate of mine who sticks to GM advised me a Catalyst but with the new range coming up I'm actually keen of the 4 bats they release :-)

slowfinger

International Debutant
Meh to be honest all GM bats are good, just depends what you fancy. The Icon seems to be pretty much for power and placement. The hero looks like a timing and feel type of bat whilst the Purist seems like a good defensive type of bat.

Hope that helps:happy:

chyickenkeev

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
gm icon ftw!
the icon is the buisness, a real gem of a bat.

the hero is like every other bat like it, kookaburra ice, hunts county pulse, adidas pellara.
they all feel quite heavy, cos the sweetspot is low, and they r awesome on drives, but useless on sweeps n wat not.