• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Batting

killagee

Cricket Spectator
Hello CricketLovers,
I m 15 years old and i love to bat and i ve been playing cricket since 2003... Since around 1 year i ve been facing a prob to play against the spinners because i kinda always try to cut them on the Backfoot even on balls which are fuller than a ball u could/can cut.... Just like Faisal Iqbal did against Nathan Hauritz in the 2nd Innings in the first Test. Means I preferre to play @ the Backfoot most of the Times which destroys my Batting.... Please tell me how I can change this! How can I come back to my frontFoot. And I also know that I m Xtremly good at the Frontfoot-....

Please Help!

Thanks in advance

slowfinger

International Debutant
I'd suggest you grab a mate and head off to the nets and ask him to throw a couple down to where you want it (in this case full) and make him then sorta mix the length-width etc and after a while ask him to bowl propperly and you will eventually get used to playing and then you will keep on batting untill you get used to playing front foot and it will come.