• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Custom bat vs brand bat

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Hi guys,

I might repeat myself but the past months have been very chaotic with studying and sorting out all ind of administration so I neglected my cricket a bit, altho I tried to follow all international games.

Recently I met a guy who recommended a custom made bat, he passed me a link to a forum where I found 8 bat makers of whom 5 of them really pulled my attention.

If I would skip this idea I would just go an try to pick a GM Flare, Icon, Hero DMX 808 ( one of those 3) as the design really looks incredibly nice.

So my question is; does anybody has some experience with custom made bats?
Do you think it's a good investment as in May 2010 I will start only my second season.

The bat makers are all based in the UK and prices vary from £ 100 -£ 250. My budget would be around £ 160 now but can go up.

What would you advice. I'm also thinking of taking my game to a next level by training more and learning as much as possible.
Thanks.