• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Off Season maintenance

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
HI guys,

My indoor practice starts in January, by then I will not have used my bat for 4 months.
Do you think it's a good idea to oil it and knock it in before I start the indoor season?

Thanks

micoach

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
If it's a knocked in bat already I find a tiny bit of oil on the face is enough. 5 minute job then let it dry.

DingDong

State Captain
u should probably put the bat in ice for a day or so before u do anything. that will help break the atoms down in the wood and it'll be easier to knock it in afterwards

Seanyjb10

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
For the knocking in depends where you have kept the bat. If you have kept it in a damp wet place it should require about 30 mins ( i know soz!) or more.

The damp would have got into it and caused the willow to expand.

if in a dry place around 5-10 mins (not 2 bad!)

The willow would still have expanded but not as much as a wet place.

oil it but not too much.

hope i help