• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Putting Backspin on the ball

daghetto

Cricket Spectator
Does putting backspin on the ball when fast bowling give more bounce, or does it make it skid? ive never really noticed when i try with or without cause its usually under match conditions but other than needing backspin to swing the ball, does it also make the ball bounce higher if i just keep the seam straight and put backspin on the ball?

also, do you guys flick the wrist downwards when swinging the ball to get backspin?ive heard different opinions; some keep their wrist locked upwards, others make it go from upwards to a downwards flick.

someblokedave

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I'm a Wrist Spinner but I bowl different variations of the Flipper including a couple of back-spinning types see YouTube - someblokecalleddave1's Channel and my observations suggest that it has a tendency to skid in lower, but then depending on the condition of the wicket sometimes the opposite does happen.