• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Off Season awfulness

Seanyjb10

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hi,

As I live in England and it is off season now I am struggling to practise.

My cricket club has shut down it's nets as the carpet where your feet land when you bowl has been ripped in all 4 of the nets, The chairman found it dangerous after some1 seriously injured themselves on it.

All of the nearby clubs will not let any of our guys practise as we HAVE 2 be members. There is a indoor league but there is no space 4 our team 2 play. We could practise in an indoor cricket centre but they charge £25 per hour (which is a rip-off 4 u people who have no clue abouth the brittish pound!)

I don't know what I can do as pracrice during winter season's is crucial for me as i know i will play bad at the beggining of next season and will be dropped down to 3rds.

Any ideas guys?

Suggestions gratefully accepted!!

Jakester1288

International Regular
Don't you have nets around on the streets and stuff you can go to if it's not too cold? If you always have terrible, cold, rainy weather, you're screwed then from what I know.

Jakester1288

International Regular
No what I mean is go to outdoor nets if you have them and its a warm enough day, not play like backyard with mates.

jonny1408

School Boy/Girl Captain
Just stop being so tight and pay for the indoor cricket centre nets! They are absolutely quality and definately worth it, me and a few mates have been hiring out the bowling machine at Yorkshires cricket centre for £30, only a tenner each and definately worth it, the improvements we've made are money well spent!

Seanyjb10

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
fair enough m8 but i would prefere to go there on a regular basis and most of my m8's can't affford it so chers but remember it is £25 per person and an hour just isn't enough.