• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Base layers

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Hi guys,

I need to buy a new base layers but the offer is so huge nowadays.
For the moment I'm using CCC but I'm not that happy about it. I know Skins is one of the better brands on the market but very difficult to find in Belgium unless you order it online.

In my hometown they do sell Adidas and Nike. I would go for the compression shirt and pants.

So my question to you is: does anybody has already some experience with one tof these brands and is there a difference between them.
Nike has some thicker fabrics used in their baselayer than Adidas but as I want to use it in summer as well I may go for Adidas.

Any feedback is welcome.

Seanyjb10

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
i also have ccc but i realy like it i wouldnt go 4 skins as they are sponsored by micheal vaughn! my dad uses nike 4 golf and he rates them highly. realy its ur choice but based on my dad the nike is the best choice but i dont know bout addidas. hope i have helped.

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Cheers bro.

I just gonna try both of them.
Nike has superb designs and stuff are used very fast.
So Adidas has a big chance.

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Well because I hardly feel any difference when I (don't ) wear it.
And my shirt is coming up and my pants is going down :laugh: nah really I have to make a really tight nob in it and after using it for a long time it start hurting on my belly area.

It sounds stupid, but my first pair was an under armor one and I didn't have any of the mentioned issues with them.

As I'm thinking of taking up rugbyagain in january untill our cricket season starts I just need a decent baselayer. It's alos awesome for jogging and other sports during summer.

Seanyjb10

Fair enough I also use them 4 other sports, I wouldn't use a ccc 4 rugby as they tear easily believe me iv tried!

chyickenkeev

iv got th adidas climacool, its not bad, it doesnt compress much but i dont feel sweaty and disgusting at the crease but it does make u warmer.

slowfinger

International Debutant
I love under armour, I would stick to that because its thick and stretchy, and it really helps your muscles (well mine anyway) from really going up.
I like under armour