• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Batting technique

kuranui

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hey everyone,

just took a few clips of me practicing my batting in my back yard doing so foward defensives. Could some please have a look at the vid and tell me if there is any problems with my technique. I know its nothing flash, but its what i do every day and i couldnt be bothered to go down to the nets.

And i have attached a photo of my stance, so if anyone wants to offer any pointers on changing it if its nedded, it will be very welcome.

heres the link for the batting

YouTube - backyard practice

Attachments

Seanyjb10

A couple of things I just want 2 say about your batting

Firstly your head position, It is good to have your head over the ball when you play a shot but your head is far too forward and your weight is too much on the front foot.

Also with your stance, I suggest that you open it up a bit BUT not 2 much. Just bring that front foot out as well.

I hope I have helped

Seanyjb10

Also I love your swingball type practicing thing!! Its nearly as good as going down 2 the nets!!

chyickenkeev

thers nothing realy to the forward dfensive, get your front foot to the pitch of the ball, keep bat and pad together and make contact underneath your eyes.

it would be much easier to see if you were padded up and if it was seen in person, ask your coach ofr any tips.

and i love the swingball sortof thing, i may employ that....

Seanyjb10

yh i agree with the guy above (soz cant remember name) but if u could upload another vid of u but playing more shots i would be able 2 give u a more in depth analysis of u. try what i havd reccomended wid ur stance it did wonders 4 me m8.

chyickenkeev

well, coming to think of it, there nothing wrong with a forward defensive as long as thers a 100% chance u stay in when playing it.
so as long as bat and pad are together, as long as the bat faces the ground, your fine

killagee

Cricket Spectator
Theres to much space between ur Bat and Leg.... This can create probs while playing against Spin but also against a lil bit of InSwing