• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

batting in the nets

chyickenkeev

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
heres one for you all
my team only ever practice in the nets
should i bat in the nets the way i would in an innings, or should i practice every shot in my repotoire.
i ask this because the majority of bowling is full in the nets, and im getting the feeling my back foot shots are being neglected, im worried if a bowler will pick up on this.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
If you are worried that a certain shot is not getting worked on then do throw downs. Some people think they are a tedious necessity for improvement, whereas I actually really enjoy them.

Basically have a friend throw short pitched balls at you for 5-10 mins each session and work on a particular back-foot shot.