• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowling Problems

Number 11

State 12th Man
I am a 15 year old cricket player. I have to admit i am not very good (i've only played one season) and turn out for my school's C team. I am committed though and practice quite a bit. I have already concluded i will never be able to bat well at all. Its my bowling i'm concerned about.

I bowl medium pace and am unable to get a smooth run up. I use about a 9 step run up but that includes, two walking and two slow jogging steps. I am often told i slow down at the end of my run up. I have tried to analyse why and i don't know but my best guess is my high jump. I try not to slow but i cannot stop it. I can bowl around 80kph only and when i try to bowl faster i bowl full tosses and wides. This really frustrating me and i'm considering moving to spin.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Last edited:

knights12

Cricket Spectator
Its really hard to comment without seeing a video of you bowling but you could try measuring the distance that your jump covers and try to increase it so that you are jumping more forward than up. Of course it is just as likely that you jump too far...like I said...hard to comment. Try to post a video if you can.