• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shortest Cricket Run up in Medium Pace bowling

ShanG

Cricket Spectator
My name is Shan. I used to take a couple of strides(around 10) while bowling. My run up didn't help me much, but my final action at the crease is helping me. I decided to take the shortest run up..not actually run up. Just one step before hitting the crease for delivery. It is working wonders. I am able to get an excellent line, swing it bothways and I find batsmen struggle against me at the nets. My pace as reduced though. But I am in absolute control and rhythm.
Can the experts tell me if I should continue on this because it is really unconventional, Even a very slow spinner takes a few strides before delivery.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Nothing wrong with it at all. However, you will face prejudice as you dont look conventional. Be prepared for teammates, opponents, captains and coaches to undervalue your ability based on what you look like rather than what you can actually do.

Rightly or wrongly, appearance makes a big difference in how a player is perceived.