• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Kookaburra range

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Ez all,

On the site of cricket direct, they offer a new range of Kookaburra bats called CCX.

Are they any good, as they aren't on the Kookaburra website yet, I was wondering if somebody already picked one up.

thnx.

Feedback is always welcome

tevans

Cricket Spectator
They're nothing special, saw them a month ago at the trade shows. Stickers are a lot nicer though on all the Kookaburra's with the Blade being my fave.

GM Flare will be the biggest seller this year I'd think.

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Thanks bruv.

I'm still doubting bewteen a Kookaburra from the Kahuna range or a GM Catalyst.
Will give them a try when going to the shop .

tevans

Cricket Spectator
GM have dropped the Catalyst meaning it will be old stock next year. You therefore may get a bargain, depends if you want the latest gear or not.

New gear for 10 is as follows.

Kookaburra have replaced the Beast with CCX.
Apex & Flare are new GM models. New all white pads and gloves. D3o in one pair.
Kinetic is the new Puma model (dropped Ballistic) Horrible red and green colour.
V1, V2 and V3 are the new Slazenger bats. V3 has a strange bat shape but all have nice stickers.
Thruxton and Krakatoa for Newbery.
New G3 bat for Mongoose

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Ow dear :-)

That sounds good, which GM bat is simular with the catalyst as I need a light bat.
Might buy the Ballistic for a friend of mine who's a real Puma addicit.

Seanyjb10

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
The new kookaburra range has been quite secret while the new Gm equipment has been given to some of their youth sponsors. Gm has abolished the teknik range instead there is a DX30 range which has a new material.GM gets my buy anytime.

Seanyjb10

I know everything!! (im not a cricket nerd by the way) nah just bout GM as they sponsor me with discounts nyway how bout the new slazenger range?

like or not?

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Had a look at the new Kookabura range and it's not my cup of tea, the design looks very modern but cold.

I actually felt in love with the GM range. Next bat might be a Catalyst or the new Flare. Both of them out the 808 range.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I know everything!! (im not a cricket nerd by the way) nah just bout GM as they sponsor me with discounts nyway how bout the new slazenger range?

like or not?
I don't like it, I love it! I've got the Hyperblade, the green one that Vettori and Kallis use, SH from GCCC, got it for $300, down from $400. I haven't used it except for against the eye in, it pings off the middle though, and you can feel the sweep spot really easy when you are using the mallet on it. It will be a superb bat.

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man

like or not?
Slazenger has some really nice models, but GM Keeps on pulling my attention.
The new sticker design of the Kookabura range is a bit too cold for me. Might try to pick up a bat from the 09 range but otherwise the Flare DMX :happy:

Seanyjb10

If you want a knackered catlylst 808 with
marcus trescothicks signiture I'm ready to
start the bidding at say £2,000!

I'm gonna get a flare so if you want my
icon I'm happy to sell it!

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Sounds nice, how much would you like to have for it and could you provide me with pics, if the bat really really looks worth buying it I can skip the shopping part while being in Perth

Seanyjb10

Yh sure just got it re-gripped with a blue shock
absorber. Can I have ur e-mail and il send u the pics
and you can value it yourself on what u think
is about the right price.