• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Weights exercises for batsman

Jakester1288

International Regular
Seeing as now I've stopped bowling, what are the best weights exercises to do for batting to improve strength specific to batting? Like, the power through the shots, running between the wickets, etc.

I had this when I was bowling:

Upper:
Push ups
Bench press
Deadlifts
Shoulder Press
Chest flies
Ball crunches

Lower:
BW squats
Squats
BW lunges
Lunges
Leg lifts
Ball crunches
Sprints

Should I keep the same, or is there useless exercises there for batting, and really good ones missing?

capusebi

Cricket Spectator
I'm very interested! I would love to find out more inforamtion related to this topic. Thanks in advance.
me too, I need more detailed info

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Mate if you are any good just don't get out quickly so you do enough exercise running between wickets.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
:wallbash:

Getting sick of people telling me not to do something that is perfectly safe and beneficial to my cricket.
Erm, if you are a batsman, then I'd have said that although getting out early is perfectly safe, it's not that beneficial to your cricket.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Sorry Jake, why exactly aren't you bowling again?
That doesn't matter anymore, as I go to rep training, and find out I'm opening the batting, which is awesome, but I'm bowling first change, because the team has 2 seamers and 4 spinners. So basically, the coach needs me to bowl, even though I am rubbish.

micoach

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Seeing as now I've stopped bowling, what are the best weights exercises to do for batting to improve strength specific to batting? Like, the power through the shots, running between the wickets, etc.

I had this when I was bowling:

Upper:
Push ups
Bench press
Deadlifts
Shoulder Press
Chest flies
Ball crunches

Lower:
BW squats
Squats
BW lunges
Lunges
Leg lifts
Ball crunches
Sprints

Should I keep the same, or is there useless exercises there for batting, and really good ones missing?
You don't really need to change too much. Strength and power are strength and power whether you bat or bowl.

More generally I would look at more injury prevention type exercises like hip mobility, core stabilisation (like planks or pallof presses) and flexibility work.