• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lbw

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Hi guys, recently I got a lot of LBW's which is in my opinion the ****tiest way to get out.
The problem occurs most often with spinbowlers who throw the ball, the balls turns inside hits me on my front leg pad and in 9/10 cases I'm out.

When I step upfront I very often hit a 4 or even a 6 but as I don't change my position and sometimes when they hit my pad I 'm not out I'm actually getting really confused about this rule.

Any tips are welcome.

Cheers

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hi guys, recently I got a lot of LBW's which is in my opinion the ****tiest way to get out.
The problem occurs most often with spinbowlers who throw the ball, the balls turns inside hits me on my front leg pad and in 9/10 cases I'm out.

When I step upfront I very often hit a 4 or even a 6 but as I don't change my position and sometimes when they hit my pad I 'm not out I'm actually getting really confused about this rule.

Any tips are welcome.

Cheers
If the ball hits you outside of the line of the stumps then the rule is that you should not be given out. SImilarly, if you take a few steps down the pitch then the umpire may not be certain where the ball is going to go, and won't give you out on this basis. I'm not sure if this is what has happened to you, but it is the most logical reason I can think of.

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Yeah, I did some reading, the additional problem is that when the other team starts yelling that I'm out and when I'm waiting for the empire's decision my co-batsman starts running which mostly ends in a run out.

Really have to work on my food position this winter.

knights12

Cricket Spectator
If the ball hits you outside of the line of the stumps then the rule is that you should not be given out.

Only if you are playing a shot. If not you can still be given out (outside off stump that is).

Anyway, try to actually hit the ball, that way you will not be given out LBW.

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Had a discussion about this with two empires this weekend. They still can give you out if you don't hit the ball. Nearly had an LBW but I was given the benefit off the doubt ( just a friendly anyway).

If the ball hits you outside of the line of the stumps then the rule is that you should not be given out.

Only if you are playing a shot. If not you can still be given out (outside off stump that is).

Anyway, try to actually hit the ball, that way you will not be given out LBW.

knights12

Cricket Spectator
Had a discussion about this with two empires this weekend. They still can give you out if you don't hit the ball. Nearly had an LBW but I was given the benefit off the doubt ( just a friendly anyway).

Well those umpires are muppets then. If you are playing a shot and the ball hits your pad outside the line of off stump then you should not be given out. If you are not playing a shot then you are in trouble.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As above. The two main exceptions to the lbw law are:
If the ball hits you outside the line of off-stump, and you're making a genuine attempt to hit the ball, you can't be given out. If you're not playing a shot, it's up to the umpire to decide if it was going to hit the stumps.
If the ball bounces outside the line of leg-stump, you can't be given out no matter what

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Well I only have to play a little tournament and then the season is finished.
Will start working on my technique etc.... and then fingers crossed for next season.