• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New article on Pitch Vision

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting concept. I've wondered for a while how to perform 'flopping' because it is performed by most of the 140kph bowlers in the world and it would be interesting if merely minimising the back foot impact would be the way to do this.

Needless to say that it is a top effort and will look forward to putting that into practice in the winter. It is hardly an irreversable change to the action (if all doesn't go smoothly) and appears to be a good idea.

Tom M

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Interesting concept. I've wondered for a while how to perform 'flopping' because it is performed by most of the 140kph bowlers in the world and it would be interesting if merely minimising the back foot impact would be the way to do this.

Needless to say that it is a top effort and will look forward to putting that into practice in the winter. It is hardly an irreversable change to the action (if all doesn't go smoothly) and appears to be a good idea.
The way to flop the back foot is to pull the hips through. Don't get things twisted: the flop is just an indication that you're pulling your hips through correctly. The important thing is to pull your hips through, which CAUSES the flop, not the other way round.

Thanks very much for your kind words!

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I am quite interested in how your cricket is going. How much pace have your secrets added to your bowling and do you think county cricket is a possibility for you, or do you believe that technique can only take you so far.