• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grip- holding a bat

assim

Cricket Spectator
Hi guys

I wanted to know what are the pro's and cons of holding a bat with both hands apart i.e. one at the bottom of the bat and one at the top.

I hold the bat this way and i know most players hold the bat with both hands close together.

but what are the negatives of holding the bat with the hands apart.

thank you

Hoggy31

International Captain
More likely to dominate with the bottom hand which means less control of the blade and hitting the ball in the air, would stick em together if I were you.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
TBH I did this for a long time before I realised it was probably a contributing factor to me being rubbish with the bat, so am trying to change it. I'd change it now just because like Hoggy said, you get way too bottom-handed, and I imagine it'd be easier to change earlier than later.

assim

Cricket Spectator
believe it or not i have never had a problem scoring runs like this, im actually one of the leading scorer's in my league which is of a very good standard.

i just wanted to know the pros & cons because you can always look to improve as a batsmen.

thank you guys