• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Help me bowl inswing

mikecroc

Cricket Spectator
I have always been a natural outswing bowler, whichever way i hold the ball it swings out. I really want to bowl inswing as a variation can anyone help me with grip, body position e.t.c.

Gwhitey

Cricket Spectator
watch bob wollmer coaching on youtube, that shows the correct grip, the key for me is to have both figers locked together, and to flick the ball, this gives extra zip and helps me swing the ball due to back spin

the duckman

Cricket Spectator
it's a good video that one....just make sure you stick to the basics of swing bowling by making sure your wrist is right behind the seam and by staying upright in your bowling action... even if you can't bowl inswing learn to embrace it and use the straighter ball as a weapon ben hilfenhaus is a good example of this