• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Got my first wickets!

mike148

Cricket Spectator
Cheers for everyone who helped me in the All rounder thread.

My bowling figures were 3 - 48 of 7 overs (Which is fantasticly good for a starter like me)

My batting, I got 22 c & b.

mike148

Cricket Spectator
One problem I had with my bowling is that I'd bowl a good delivery but struggle to follow it up with another good delivery.

Anyone have any tips to help me improve my discipline?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Don't try to hard to replicate the ball you bowled before hand would be my advice. Try and put it out of your mind, if you are concentrating on your last delivery when running in then the one you are about to bowl may suffer. Just look at the spot on the pitch where you want the ball to land and focus on it, if you've marked your run up well enough then you shouldn't have much else to think about.

Bloody Hell

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
One problem I had with my bowling is that I'd bowl a good delivery but struggle to follow it up with another good delivery.

Anyone have any tips to help me improve my discipline?
The only way to become consistant in anything is practice, practice, practice.

There are no shortcuts.

chyickenkeev

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
i remember my first wicket
bloody brilliant it was.
i was doing a sortof slow medium pace. and his eyes lit up for a drive and he just spooned it to silly mid off.