• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Help for bowling!

mat

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Something isn't quite right with your follow through. I think it may be that you are kicking your left foot across your body, rather than kicking it straight. You seem to be really twisting your knee, which could lead to injuries later. You really have to kick your foot straight. Try getting your knee higher whilst you try this, as it has something to do with centre of gravity, amking it easier to move. To kick straight you have to have little run-up, possibly no run p at all. Just start on your back foot, kick your left foot out straight and bowl as normal. It may 5take a bit of getting used to, but should help. It may also help your balance.

Im obviously no bowling coach, and am just relaying information i have been told before. Im sure you could get mre detailed analysis from the numerous coaches on here.

Mat

akkers

Cricket Spectator
I see that you not using your non-bowling arm that much. You must use this arm, take the elbow around eye-level and push the arm down and back.

Tom M

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
There are plenty of things I'd like to say, but I have an article coming out on Pitch Vision soon. In the mean time, here are a few points:

Your front foot lands right in front of your back foot, closing your body off. You're a front on bowler, I would advise that you run in straight and get your feet to land under your shoulders.

Your arm brushes your ear as you bowl. Don't do it. There's an article on pitchvision about why not to, so I won't repeat it here.

It's been mentioned before, but your follow through is unneccessary. Do you really feel like you need to follow through that far?

For more info, keep checking pitch vision, all will be revealed!