• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jakes 2009/10 cricket season log

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
What is wrong with weights, mate. A little bulk is fine for cricket, and can also improve your cricket, as long as you don't get to addicted to bodybuilding.
Doing weights stunts your growth if you do it before you're finished growing. I didn't start doing gym work until I was 18 and I don't regret it one bit.

You won't agree with me now, but you will when you're older. Cricket before the age of probably 17 doesn't matter one bit anyway, so it'd be stupid to do anything that risks long term problems for a small short term gain.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Well, today the opens cricket team were looking for a player, I'm captain of juniors so I decided to play when the coach asked me to step up.

This week coming:
Wednesday - Training
Thursday - U/14s School cricket
Friday - Opens School cricket
Saturday - Seniors club cricket
Sunday - Probably rep training (not playing for another month after the first trial).